Who here loves summer? Who here loves ramen? The two don’t usually go together, but voila! today I have for you a summer ramen recipe.
This salad has all of my favorites: cilantro, just the right amount of crunch, fresh ingredients and a perfect balance of salty-sweet. And it is stupid easy to make. I love the kind of recipe where you get to throw everything together in a bowl and shake it around a bit (lazy girl problems.) The trick to this recipe is the crunchiness of the uncooked ramen noodles. This sounds kind of weird, I know; but don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. Plus, raw noodles are a totally normal snack food in Australia (mamee noodles, right Aussies?) and this salad is just as good the second day. If you let it sit overnight in the fridge, the noodles soften up as they soak up the dressing. Yum.
Summer Tropical Ramen Salad
Servings: 8 // Total Prep Time: about 20 mins
1 x 14 oz bag of shredded green cabbage
1 whole ripe mango
6 oz macadamia nuts
2 pkgs chicken flavored ramen noodles (uncooked)
1/2 red onion
1/2 cup cilantro
optional: Another colorful vegetable like bell pepper // diced grilled chicken if you want to make the salad an entree.
5 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp ginger
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pour shredded cabbage into a large bowl.
- Open both packages of dry ramen noodles and crumble into bowl. Set aside one flavor package.
- Dice onion, mango, cilantro and any other vegetables and add to bowl along with macadamia nuts. Mix together.
- Combine ingredients for dressing in a jar along with one flavor package from the ramen noodles and shake to mix thoroughly. Pour over salad and mix.
- Garnish with more cilantro and serve.
I got the original recipe here, but I changed out a few ingredients based on personal taste preference.